What is the Sports Medicine Centre?
AFG-NOCSports Medicine Centre (AFG-NOC SMC) is a comprehensive one stop centre for injury management, injury prevention, pre-participation screening, exercise testing, exercise prescription, performance enhancement and multi-disciplinary weight management
Our staff of professionals offers an integrated approach to your injury. We have a team of a certified physicians, orthopedic surgeons, physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Athletic Therapists and Massage Therapists.
As well as seeing the public, our team is responsible for providing medical and paramedical services to some of Afghanistan’s top athletes. Using state of the art equipment injuries are assessed and treated with the ultimate goal of returning the patient back to full function.
Along with exam rooms and a procedure room the clinic has both a spaciously, well equipped rehabilitation area and a rehab exercise area. Accompanying the traditional equipment found in a Sport Medicine facility, the clinic also houses specialized equipment:
· Real Time Ultrasound -helping guide injections, as well as helping assess muscle, tendon and ligament injuries.
· Hydroworx Underwater Treadmill - allowing for exercise with reduced weight bearing and/or with the resistance of water
· Alter G (Anti-gravity Treadmill) – enabling walking and/or running in a “gravity free” environment, utilizing as little as 20% of the patient’s body weight
· Shockwave Therapy - providing an alternative treatment modality - useful for chronic tendon or soft tissue injuries
· Optogait - provides an objective and reproducible evaluation of gait whereby asymmetries are quickly detected through data and video analysis. The innovative tool helps guide the practitioner in therapeutic treatments, establishing baselines, and serving as a measure of progression for post-injury rehabilitation.
· Sport Medicine
· Athletic Therapy
· Massage Therapy